RS
Posted By
Rick_Stare
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All our color separations are saved in DCS 2.0 format – a necessity because we print in a 6-color litho system instead of using SWOP inks. Our workflow has avoided embedding profiles up to this point. In Photoshop 7 we were able to save DCS format without embedding a profile, but it looks like CS is overriding our Color Settings and forcing us to embed a profile.

Our Color Settings are set for Color Management Off. When I go to Save As, and select DCS 2.0 format, the "Embed Color Profile" box (which was unchecked) suddenly changes to being checked AND is grayed out so we cannot change it. If I view the resulting file in File Browser in Details view, the file displays as Untagged. But if I change my CMYK space in Color Settings, and open this supposedly untagged file, I get the Profile Mismatch warning which states that it DOES have an embedded profile. Which is correct? Seems like this is a bug…

We need to be able to save DCS without an embedded profile. Photoshop 7 allowed us to do that.

* Rick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections