J
Posted By
jm222502
Aug 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having difficulty with the browsing function in elements 2. It will work fine for a while and then slow my computer dramatically. I have a 1gig pentium processor ,512meg. of ram and am running windows 98second addition. Quite often I will end up with disk errors that have to be corrected with my scan disk function. Any ideas?
Thanks.
John Miller

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Aug 8, 2003
John,

I’ve had this problem before. I had a folder which contained like 4000 pictures. I split it, and the problem vanished. Also, if your files are big (TIFF of 40Mb +, for example), try to split the folder as well.

Ray
P
Phosphor
Aug 8, 2003
I have found that the single, most effective thing I can do to keep PSE running as snappily as possible is to close the File Browser when I’m not using it.

Even though I don’t have any huge (in my estimation) folders full of images, performance benefits from only having File Browser open when I need it.

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections