L
Posted By
LRK
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large folder of higher resolution jpg photos that I took while out on a friend’s sailboat. I want to automate them into a medium sized PDF file to give to our friends. Normally I would place them into InDesign and export as a PDF for e-Book. Since there is 146 photos I thought I’d better come up with a more efficient method.

So far I’ve used the automated Acrobat Pro method but the file is too big. I’m working on optimizing it now. But one problem I run into with Acrobat Pro is that when I rotate one picture it wants to rotate another.

I know I should probably post this in the Acrobat Forum but I also know that I will probably get my answer here… and faster.

Any other ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 5, 2004
Linda, have you tried the Automate>PDF presentation command from within PSCS? It’s not just for PDF presentations but for making multi-page PDFs as well.

With respect to the rotation problem, check your settings from within Distiller for the e-book job option. It may be set to (something like) "Rotate Collectively by File." If so, create a custom job option that has rotate set to "Individually."

And are you using the single command to Optimize in Acrobat (File>Reduce file size in 6.0.1 Pro) or the PDF Optimizer command that gives you various compression options. Try the latter.
L
LRK
Mar 5, 2004
Doug:

For some reason I thought the Automate PDF in PSCS was different. After reading your post I tried it and sure enough it works… but, it does not allow for customizing. I guess a runnning a script for sizing prior to the Automate PDF script will work.

I tried to your rotation suggestion. No luck.

As for optimizing I was using the PDF Optimizer command. I still can’t figure out why some pictures end up bigger. Must be something else.

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections