TT
Posted By
Tricia_Tahara
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, Adobe gurus. I have bragged to my co-worker that I always get quick, problem solving advice from this forum, so don’t let me down.

The issue is that when my colleague does just about anything in CS (saving a file, flattening, dragging layers to other files, etc.) he gets a message that CS is building histograms. I don’t experience this phenomenon on my computer, so we’re wondering if it’s a setting somewhere that we’re unaware of.

We have G5s running under Panther with 4G ram.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tricia

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
JasonSmith
Mar 5, 2004
check both your’s and your coworker’s "Memory & Image Chache" preference.
TT
Tricia_Tahara
Mar 5, 2004
Both preferences are set the same way except I have my memory usage set to 75% and his is at 50% (this is a recent difference, and the problem was experienced before I changed mine as well).

Thanks so much for responding,
Tricia
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 6, 2004
He has the histogram palette showing.

But it sounds like something else is slowing it down — that shouldn’t be a huge time hit (certainly not enough to show a progress bar).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections