RC
Posted By
Rich Correll
Aug 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the selection paintbrush to draw an outline around the perimeter of an object (e.g. the outside edge of the head of a person), is there an easy way to fill in the interior of the selection to thereby have the entire object selected (e.g. the entire head)?
I know I can change to a larger brush and just fill in the selection, but I wondered if there would be some sort of button command to fill it in (like a paint bucket fill of some sort)
I will appreciate any tips — thanks in advance,
Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 16, 2003
Rich,

If you start out by using the Lasso Tool or the Magnetic Lasso Tool you will be selecting the entire head. You can then go back and refine your selection with the Selection Brush.

Juergen
RC
Rich Correll
Aug 17, 2003
thanks very much Juergen — that’s a good suggestion — i hate using the lasso tool cause it is hard to control but you are saying just make a rough outline first then refine it with the paintbrush selection tool.

Is there any other way to do it though by starting with the paintbrush outline and doing some sort of "bingo" quickie to fill in the interior?

thanks again
Rich
PD
Pete D
Aug 17, 2003
Rich,

You do know that after choosing a selection brush you can use the "slider" and make it big…. Default hard brush only goes to 19 in the drop down so set it and then use slider to change to 500 or even 1000. Then you can "select" large pieces….fast! (one click).

The slider is hidden under the "size" and can be viewed by clicking the right pointing arrow.

I often use a square brush for making selections. (click down arrow beside example of brush selection and then down arrow where it says default brushes).

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections