PA
Posted By
Peter A Kessler
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am printing from OS X to an Epson 960 in photoquality mode. I get a message that postscript enhancement will be ignored since this is not a Postscript printer.

Not happy with the print quality, I printed the same using iPhoto, with greatly superior results. What went wrong?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 27, 2003
Peter, please say more about what’s wrong with your print quality…is it highly pixellated, off color, etc.?
BB
brent bertram
Aug 27, 2003
I’m not familiar with the Mac OS, Peter, but you should be printing from the "Print Preview" Dialogue, where you can setup color management options, and the output profile space. I suspect that’s what’s wrong. Check out Ian Lyons’ tutorial on printing from Photoshop 7 ( same as Elements) , and see if something clicks.

< http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac.htm>

🙂

Brent
P
Phosphor
Aug 28, 2003
Yes, and the postscript enhancement message will always come up in PE whenever you print to any inkjet (unless you’re lucky enough to have one of the few that have postscript) in X. Just turn it off.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections