EA
Posted By
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor, not sure where or when it was installed. There are times when I try and open a photo, I get a screen titled Microsoft Photo Editor. there in the center is a smaller screen that has a error message inside the window that say’s..Error Reading File. Only option is to OK it and close. Why does this happen when the photos were saved as JPEG? These sames photos will open if I attempt to open them directly from MY Documents. Maybe someone here on this Forum can shed some light on this. I use IE6,WIN 98se, DELL Desktop. Thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ray
Aug 30, 2003
Earl,

Is this a question for Photoshop Elements or Microsoft Photo Editor ?

Ray
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
Ray, I knew I posted it on Photoshop Elements. I figured with all the expertise here, someone might be able to help.
R
Ray
Aug 30, 2003
Earl, have you tried the Microsoft Knowledge base ?
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
Ray, I knew I posted it on Photoshop Elements. I figured with all the expertise here, someone might be able to help.
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
I havent ben able to find the solution there, but will keep searching
MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 30, 2003
I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor, not sure where or when it was installed.

Comes with MS Office. Basically sucks.
About all it’s good for is getting an entire image out of PowerPoint via copy/paste (most editors truncate the file to screen rez only, or fail totally if image is past a certain size).

Mac
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
Mac, I think I know what you mean. I guess this one too was part of my system when purchased in 1999. I really cant see any good use or that it is even needed on here. It is Ver 3.0. Think I’ll try and delete it.
PD
Peter Duniho
Aug 30, 2003
"Mac McDougald" wrote in message
I Have a program named Microsoft Photo Editor […]

Comes with MS Office. Basically sucks.

What a silly thing to say.

No, it doesn’t have nearly the feature set Elements or Photoshop have. But the features it does have work very well, and with a minimum of fuss. It’s not intended to be a full-fledged photo editing program. It hardly "sucks", given what it’s intended for.
MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 31, 2003
Extremely limited functionality.
Poor implementation of what few features it does possess. "sucks" seems pretty accurate to me 🙂

Mac
PD
Peter Duniho
Aug 31, 2003
"Mac McDougald" wrote in message
Extremely limited functionality.

So what? It’s not intended to be a full-fledged retail photo editing package.

Poor implementation of what few features it does possess.

I disagree.

"sucks" seems pretty accurate to me 🙂

I’m sure it does. And yet, "sucks" is an inflammatory word that conveys little about what it is you actually don’t like about the program.

If you have specific complaints, by all means, describe them. Surely your vocabulary is more facile than the useless and potentially offensive word "sucks", right?

Pete

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections