SL
Posted By
stephen Law
Aug 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I Noticed the photo color in the PDF slide show is not the same as the original photos. Anyone know how to fix/adjust this?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SL
stephen Law
Aug 31, 2003
Sorry everyone – I posted this question twice!!

Stephen
SL
stephen Law
Sep 1, 2003
Can anyone help on this topic?

Stephen
NS
Nancy S
Sep 1, 2003
Stephen,

Sorry, I can’t, I have never used it. It seems that no one is around this evening. You might try a search on this forum as I know this topic has come up before. Perhaps someone will drop in or at least in the morning.
P
Phosphor
Sep 1, 2003
Stephen, are you noticing this variation in color when the slide show is displayed on your monitor or on someone else’s? When images are printed?

Another wild thought: When images are displayed in Elements, you’re viewing through a color managed application. PDF is not. Might we be coming back to that issue again?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 1, 2003
Beth, I think you’re right about the color management. I’ve noticed that there were subtle differences in the color/brightness of the images I viewed in Elements and the same ones in a slide show and also with IrfanView (a third-party image viewer). I guess I’m ‘fessing up’ to not having done a great job on running Adobe Gamma. I’ve tried…honest…

🙂

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Sep 1, 2003
Well I’m glad to hear you’re human, Chuck. 🙂 What I see versus what I get is so very, very close on this monitor of mine that I’ve been afraid to mess with it. Kinda like "if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it." The biggest variation I’ve ever gotten between screen and printer has been the result of different papers, and I think I’ve got that pretty well taken care of. I’ve made some adjustments in the printer settings for a couple of different kinds of paper, saved the settings, and I just pick the one I want to use. Cheating, huh?
SL
stephen Law
Sep 3, 2003
Beth,
I noticed the PDF color variation when I was viewing it on my monitor, and also in my office’s monitor.
I am new to PE2 and haven’t spent a lot of time in it.

Stephen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections