SS
Posted By
steven_shmerler
Jul 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve looked everywhere. I find RGB, CMYK, etc. but now hex # for my html needs. Where’s it hiding? Thanks.
Steven

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
In the Color Picker!

(In a box at the very bottom of the palette.)
P
Phosphor
Jul 14, 2008
There are a couple other places as well; the Color Palette and the Info Palette.

Have a look at the following screen movie I just made for you: < http://home.comcast.net/~phosphor-digital/bbs/PShexcolor.mov> (about 585 KB)

And here’s something I found interesting: As I was setting up the image document window and the palette positions, I temporarily minimized the image window to the dock. The curious thing was that when I moved the Eyedropper over the area where the image window was when it was open, the reported numbers showed up in the Info Palette as though the image window was still open! (The white background is merely a blank window opened in Firefox and maximised to full screen).
SS
steven_shmerler
Jul 15, 2008
Ah HA! I’m so used to seeing them in a row ffffff that after all these years, I never associated, or knew to, them with RG and B. So in this case R=ff, G=ff and B=ff. I do think it would be a tad clearer if they showed in the traditional format since it is a "hex" code and if you don’t see 6 characters in a row, you might not get it, as I didn’t. Thanks!
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 15, 2008
And who, pray tell, is that Van Gogh-esque figure in the painterly image?
P
Phosphor
Jul 15, 2008
Heya, Doug…

That’s a friend of mine from high school who visited yesterday. First time I’d seen him in nearly 30 years. That was the first shot of a bunch I took at a local coffee shop—before I paid attention to my camera’s settings—and I wanted to see what sort of image info I could pull out of what was a wickedly bad exposure. I really like the background, so I masked masked him from the background and just started playing with the noise that resulted when I really cranked it up. I spent another 90 minutes or so on it today, just pixel jammin’, and it’s shaping up into a pretty cool image.

Here’s what I started with (scaled down to 50% pixel dimensions just for the purposes of Pixentral hosting & display):
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=10x52cqSYcYOpTkvOR tS01aKExhDEz>
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 15, 2008
I happen to really like the version in the tutorial you posted.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 15, 2008
"I do think it would be a tad clearer if they showed in the traditional format since it is a "hex" code and if you don’t see 6 characters in a row, you might not get it, as I didn’t. "

Check the color picker as Ann suggested above. There, you will see the displayed code as you like it.
P
Phosphor
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks, Doug, but to me it looked a little too computer generated.

I’m remedying that with a bunch of manual brushing, smearing etc.
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 16, 2008
All the better. Just that it reminded me of a poster I’d seen some time ago in France. Highly graphical.
P
Phosphor
Jul 16, 2008
I’ve finally smartened up and I now work on almost everything at a printable resolution. I used to not think about it so much when I was just playing around—thinking: "BAH! It’s just a goof that I’ll show online"—until I started showing off the image below (it’s at full size, as I created it.). It was just the result of playing around one afternoon. I got so many requests for T-shirts and posters, but I just didn’t have the resolution to do it justice. Not only that, but on this one I screwed up when converting to JPEG and trashed much of the detail in the dark areas. In the original PSD (which is gone!), there were all kinds of super-fine blue and gold details that are gone forever.

<http://home.comcast.net/~phosphor/Outlink/ZappaOnEdge.jpg>

And here’s the image I started with:
<http://home.comcast.net/~phosphor/Outlink/Zappa-orig.gif>
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 16, 2008
Seeing these images – both of them – casts me back to a glorious time of life. Freedom, fun, intellectual ferment, fabulous flesh. A fortunate time indeed.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections