K
Posted By
kenaeverman
Sep 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed ADOBE Photoshop Elements 2.0 and received the following error: —————————
PhotoshopElements.exe – Entry Point Not Found
—————————
The procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

How can I fix the problem:
Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Sep 2, 2003
What OS (Windows or Mac) are you using ?
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
My guess is he’s on a Win machine, because I don’t remember any ".dll"s ever coming up on a Mac. Let’s see if I’m right or wrong! (This is just for sport, mind you!) 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
Yep, that’s right, Beth. .dll means windows.
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 2, 2003
kernel32.dll is definitely windows.

Did you have any antivirus software running during install? Could also be a hardware conflict. Try unintsalling completely, including Adobe Photoshop Elements folders left behind by the uninstaller and then install in Safe Mode.

Rich
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
Rich, what is "thunkconnect’? What a great name for it, whatever it does.
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
I think it’s the Win equivalent of Mac’s "big system morsel". 🙂 (Just kidding!)
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 3, 2003
"kenaeverman" wrote in message
The procedure entry point ThunkConnect32 could not be
located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

How can I fix the problem:

What version of Windows are you using?

The error sounds like what would happen if you were trying to run Elements on an unsupported, older version of Windows.

Pete
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 3, 2003
"Barbara Brundage" wrote in message
Rich, what is "thunkconnect’? What a great name for it, whatever it does.

The word "thunk" in a function name usually refers to the fact that it’s responsible for handling conversion between a 16-bit Windows function and a 32-bit Windows function. When Windows went from being 16-bit based to 32-bit based (Windows 95), they didn’t want to throw out all the old Windows code immediately, ’cause rewriting everything from scratch would have slowed the release cycle down. So they left in a lot of old 16-bit code, and "thunked" to it from the 32-bit code.

I have no idea what the derivation of the word is. But you’re right…it’s lots of fun. 🙂

Pete
P
Phosphor
Sep 3, 2003
Thanks, Pete.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections