I
Posted By
ilonafried
Sep 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop Elements software that came with my Epson scanner. Does anyone know of a way to get scans using CMYK rather than RGB, or to change a scanned image into CMYK? I’m using these scans in printed materials and the conversion of RGB to CMYK by the printer looks terrible. Thanks for your help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 3, 2003
I’m afraid that Photoshop Elements doesn’t support CMYK conversions – you need full Photoshop for that.
JA
JoAnn Amerson
Sep 3, 2003
* If* you have Acrobat Standard, you can save your file as a CMYK .pdf file. That’s what I had to do for the ad I designed.
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 3, 2003
JoAnn, was wondering about the way you did that. Did you notice any color shift changes in the conversion using Acrobat Standard ?
TB
Tracy Bly
Sep 4, 2003
I have made successful conversions using Hidden Elements. search for book The hidden Power of Photoshop elements.

trabee

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections