M
Posted By
MichaelHope
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I attempt to use render-lighting effects, I get the following error: "Could not complete the Lighting Effects command because a requested property value could not be found."

I’m actually following a tutorial is Scott Kelby’s "Photoshop CS Down and Dirty Tricks" (Page 81)

I’m in 8bit, 7 inches x 5 inches, 150 dpi, and RGB. No matter what’s on the layer, attempting to use render-lighting effects gives the above error before the dialog even opens (and of course, the dialog does NOT open).

Any thoughts?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 2, 2004
Michael, before you run the filter, Purge your Clipboard. Now you should be able to run lighting effects.

Please come back though and tell us if this fixes it. Also tell us what you HAVE on your clipboard when you get this message! Is it by any chance a piece of art from Illustrator?
M
MichaelHope
Apr 3, 2004
Way to go Doug. Yes that worked. And yes it was a piece of Illustrator artwork.

I guess you’ve had similar issues. I very much appreciate the input!

Many thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections