Posted By
android
Apr 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’m wondering if there is a way to create guide layers.. or guide sets… I have a relatively structured image for web that I need guides for in about 8 or 9 distinct locations, but hey.. all those guides showing get really busy.

In the past, I’ve created groups of colored blocks which I magic-wanded and used to position guides, but that’s a bit hokey.

Any suggestions appreciated!

thx
Andrew

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Apr 12, 2004
No can do, YET, Andrew, but more robust control over Guidelines, including the ability to create "Guideline Layers" that could be turned on and off, made various colors and exportable from Photoshop«—»Illustrator has been repeatedly requested.

Go ahead, and ask for them to be improved in the "Feature Request" section of this forum. Every little voice helps.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 12, 2004
This has been requested many times and it would be so nice. Until then, you can either fake some with good old pixels or use Paths.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections