BT
Posted By
Bill Todd
Sep 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PSE 1.0. I cannot find _any_ information on the Adobe Web site about what is new in 2.0. Is there any information available anywhere?

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Pete D
Sep 28, 2003
Bill,

The selection brush alone is worth buying V2. There are a few other new things in there also that slip my mind right now but maybe someone will post the additional features.

There have been a few previous threads on this subject so you could do a search for them.

PeteD
P
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
Bill,

If you’re running Mac OS, PSE 2 run’s native in OS X. I can’t remember exactly what the other differences are, it’s been so long since I used version 1, but I think the Quick Fix menu choice is new. It allows you to "quickly" fix problems common with digital images. Very nice for a guy like me who doesn’t want to spend a lot of time fixing photo’s (read lazy). I think the "Save for Web" is new too, but I could be wrong on that.

Mikkel Aaland has a web page at this address, <http://www.cyberbohemia.com/Pages/photoshopelements.htm> that goes into more depth on what changed between version 1 and 2.

Joe
SC
s cantrell
Sep 28, 2003
Mikkel Aaland’s site … NICE. Good info.

I have PSE 1, came with Epson Perfection 1650 scanner purchased March 2002. This scanner is way too slow.

I am having LOTS of trouble with layers. I am trying to make logos. Should I buy PSE 2?? Will I have to uninstall PSE 1? I am not good at installing & unstalling anything.
What is your opinion of this book… "The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0"??
Thanks.. Sherry (os xp home ed, compaq 5423)
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 28, 2003
Sherry, the layers in PSE 2 are pretty much the same as the layers in PSE 1. Can you tell us a little more about what you’re trying to do? Maybe we can steer you in the right direction.

Re installing PSE2: you don’t have to uninstall PSE1. I have both of them resident on my computer, and I regularly go back to PSE1 to test things for people on the forum who are ‘1’ users.

Chuck

p.s. I don’t know that book; perhaps others will comment on that.
P
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
I agree with Chuck on the issue of layers. If you’re having trouble getting the hang of them in version 1, version 2 doesn’t change/simplify the way they work. As Chuck suggests, post a sample project. There are a number of people on the forum who are exceptionally skilled at creating with Elements, and one of them still uses PSE 1. You’ll get lots of help.
ML
Marilyn Lee
Sep 28, 2003
"I think the "Save for Web" is new too [in version 2], but I could be wrong on that."

PSE1 has "Save for Web" for anyone who might be wondering.

Marilyn
SL
stephen_Law
Oct 1, 2003
Sherry,
I am new to PSE2 too, I bought the "Photoshop Elements For Windows & Macintosh" after I search through a few other reference books. I am pretty satisfied with it.

Stephen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections