I
Posted By
iRudi
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t use layer effects on one (only this one!) of my Photoshop files (8bit RGB Mode). If I try to add a layer effect, I get the dialog for this and then the effect is showing up in the layer window – but not visible in the image!! The "eye" in the layer window beside the effect is grayed out – but still remains click able. If I drag this layer to a new file everything is fine and the effect is visible. If I move a layer with an existing and working layer effect from a different file into my problem file the effect disappears as well! Even if I delete all other layers – the effect is invisible.
Please help! I guess that the Photoshop file is somehow corrupted – is there a way to repair this?

rudi

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 21, 2004
Do you have a Layer Mask? And is Layer Mask Hides Effects checked in Blending Options?

It’s all I can think of and thaht wouldn’t account for the grayed out eyeball that’s clickable.
I
iRudi
Apr 23, 2004
No, I don’t have a layer mask.
Yesterday I could try it with PS8 – the same problem 🙁 It seems that I have to rebuild the whole document … shit!
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 23, 2004
Did you try resetting prefs?
I
iRudi
Apr 23, 2004
Yes I did.
But the problem is still there and only with this file. On a new file the layer effects are working as expected!
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
Check the layer blending settings.
I
iRudi
Apr 26, 2004
I’m using the default layer blending.

If someone want to see it by itself – I could send you a file with only one small layer and the described problem by mail. (or is here a way to upload a file??)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections