RC
Posted By
Roger_Cole
Oct 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Printing from Photoshop Elements 2.0 Mac (both OS 9 and OSX) to a HP LaserJet 8150 via TCP/IP produces nothing but an endless stream of papes with a bit of gobblygook at the top of some pages. I get the same result on different HP laser printers (all are Postscript lasers) from any Mac running either OS. Printing via Appletalk is fine. Anybody else encounter this issue? Any solutions. I’m suprised it has not been mentioned here before. I searched the forum and found nothing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CB
Chris_Barker
Oct 16, 2003
Have you installed the right PPD files for the printers? Are you trying to print to a Jet Direct interface or does the printer understand CUPS/IPP?

If in doubt, try the gimp-print driver package from <http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net> it is the driver package that Apple will include in Panther.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 16, 2003
Roger, I don’t think many people here on the forum are using laser printers, which probably explains why you didn’t find anything in the archives. Those are a little "ritzy" for most of us home users.

However, I did bring up my Print Preview screen to see what I could find. There’s a box at the lower left called "Options", which, by default, is not checked. When you check it, there are some other options available, including Color Management and some printing options. Or at least according to the Help menu there are. I don’t happen to have any showing on this laptop because it has drivers for only one inkjet printer installed. Check on your computer and see if you have an option for printing to a postscript printer. I’ve read or heard something about this, but since it’s one of those pieces of information I don’t need it didn’t stick well in my brain. I’ll post this and then look around some more.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections