SE
Posted By
shane_eriwata
Apr 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have just upgraded to CS and OSX for that matter and my fonts all look bitmapped, what the bloody hell is going on, 7 was super sharp, i’m obviously missing something really simple…help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Apr 23, 2004
Calm down and get a hold of yourself. With that attitude you’re never going to gain insight into your mistakes, Shane.

System Preferences > Personal > Appearance > Font smoothing style (from the menu there choose whichever method suits your “bloody style and bloody monitor” ).

You’ll be out of that “bloody hell” of your own making in no time.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
Also, shane could be working at a lower document resolution…
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 23, 2004
shane,

Or fonts may not be properly installed (e.g., PostScript fonts missing outlines). Or perhaps a few are corrupted (and need replacement from the original foundry media).

Also, you’ve given no indication whether this is a system-wide issue, or just Photoshop. And what you’ve tried already in an effort to solve the problem.

I also suggest that you take down the attitude a notch or two — more folks will offer ideas/solutions/assistance that way.

Neil
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 23, 2004
On this forum if you start a line with a lower case "i" your whole paragraph will be in italics, perhaps adding an air of urgency to the post.

See, like this?
Also check the resolution you have you monitor set at.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 23, 2004
Related to what Bonnie says, if your Photoshop documents are not scaled at 100% on your screen; whole multiples there of; or 50% or 25% of that size (etc.), pixel interpolation can make the image look ragged.

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections