Posted By
Gary Brower
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have been using the PhotoShop Elements 2 text tool for a long time with no issue. However, I just tried to add some text to a picture and found that the text was all UPPERCASE – there was no way to change the text to lowercase.

I checked caps lock – it is not on.
I tried to hold the shift key to see if there was some toggle effect – there was not.
I typed in a text editor just to test that my keyboard was sending the correct information – I was able to type upper & lower case. I tried some different fonts – they all only allowed upper case. I created a new picture thinking my settings on this picture may be off – no change.

I tried some different pictures – ones that already lowercase text. They were editable and the I could add lower case text. I was also able to copy lower case text from an existing picture to a new picture and edit in upper and lower case.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall PhotoShop Elements – no change.

I would sure appreciate it if anyone tell me what is happening and how I can fix it.

Thank you.

Gary

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections