KW
Posted By
Kiana_Wyatt
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2.0 and tried to install it. My computer installs it but gives a virus notice and renames the exe file to something else. I can’t rename it back to .exe so can’t run it. I can bypass the virus checker, but when I run it and check my hard drive, I have have a new virus from running the exe file. Is it possible to just get a copy of the exe file without all of the other files? Is this a common problem?

I am using Windows 2000 professional with Inoculate virus checker. My computer is a 2.1GHz with 512MB of Ram. It is brand new and other than Office, it is the first program I installed on it.

I have my students download the Photoshop Elements Trial version to expose them to Photoshop. They have a lot of problems installing it so I decided to try the install.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
Kiana, I’ve never heard of anyone reporting this particular problem with an Elements download – whether it’s the demo or not. However, the general rule of thumb is to never try to install any application with anti-virus software running. I’m also unfamiliar with that particular virus app you’re running. Most people here on the forum use either Norton or McAfee, so we’re on uncharted territory. Is it possible to uninstall the Inoculate and try again? I am sure you can’t download just part of the demo.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 22, 2003
Kianna

I have Inoculate well it is now called ETrust EZ and I would tend to trust what it is saying as it is a wonderful program. I originally downloaded the trial version and it passed Etrust EZ and I had not problem installing it. The same was true with the full version. Two questions you should ask, where did you get the trial version of Elements (should be from Adobe), and is you Inoculate up to-date ( should be 6.2.5.8 with an up date file of AUP_4983.exe)? If you answered both as yes then I scan it with another program as a check before I tried to install the trial version. If no, then down load the appropriate product from their respective source and retry the procedure again.

g.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 23, 2003
I use EZ AntiVirus also. Great proggie.

Either that download was not from Adobe or you are getting a false positive from one of the eTrust updates, which maybe had a bad reference in it or something.

As Grant says, make sure that:
– the download is from Adobe’s site
– apply the latest virus update (4986 just out for version 6.1)

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections