JH
Posted By
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know how useful this is but if you select Colorsync from the "Copies & Pages" pull down menu (in the Print dialog box), you have the option of applying 7 different Quartz filters: Black and White, Sepia, Gray Tone, Lightness Increase, Lightness Decrease, and Reduce File Size. There’s also the option of adding more filters. I suspect more filters will be written in the near future.

Like I said, I don’t know how useful this is as I do this sort of thing in PSE. I haven’t tried printing anything with the filters yet. My paper is downstairs and I’m too lazy to go get it. 😉

BTW, found this hint over at MacOSXHints < http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=200310271804286 55>. Great site with all kinds of useful hints.

Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Joe, is printing working okay for you? I can’t get a decent print since I upgraded–all values have shifted and I can’t get things set right.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 31, 2003
Barb,

If you’re talking color values and such, I’m the wrong guy to ask. I just don’t have the eye for that sort of thing unless something is really, really screwed up. Having said that, things seem to be printing ok for me. I just printed some photo-quality prints from some old family photo’s that I just scanned in. Looks good in fact.

Joe
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Wish I could say the same. The monitor is hugely darker than the prints, and the green channel is more active in prints also. I have set up 13 different monitor profiles and the same thing happens with every single one. 8^(

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections