JB
Posted By
Jennifer_Bangel
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Probably a dumb question, but I’m looking for some help. I’m new to CS. I often take dielines (paths) from illustrator and paste into photoshop as guides. I’m having problems once I get the path into photoshop. I want the path still to be visible but I want to be able to transform layers on the document. All I’m coming up with is Transform Path, rather than plain old Transform.
I’ve always been able to do this. I’ve checked the preferences in Illustrator under "clipboard on quit". I’ve checked the help files. I’ve trashed the prefs for both applications and restarted. I’m stumped?

I know there is a workaround, I could just paste as pixels, but this was always my workflow, and wondering what changed, or if I’m missing something in my settings.
Any help is much appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

HC
Henri_Clement
May 11, 2004
Yes, what you are asking for used to work perfectly in PS 7 ..; and for some unknown reason they took it away in Photoshop CS.
I’m like you, I’d eagerly find a workaround, this stops me all the time in current workflow. If you dont pay attention, you will also delete a path instead of deleting a selection on a layer. I haven’t yet found a quick&easy way to turn around this.
RB
Richard_Benish
Jun 20, 2004
Just chiming in because this is exactly the issue I"m concerned about. If I may be blunt, the change in functionality of the transform function is really stupid. Isn’t it obvious that one shoulc be able to transform layer content with paths visible? I guess I’ll just stick to Photoshop 7 till Adobe fixes CS.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 20, 2004
This work-around might help:
Ann Shelbourne "Photoshop CS Transform" 6/8/04 3:48pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections