SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wondering why with CS2, under file import, instead of seeing the two scanners which should be there, I see long list of scanners I don’t have?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
May 30, 2005
something’s skwewy wabbit! are those extra scanners in add remove programs in control panel? if not you’re going to have to clean out your twain folder. then reinstall your standard scanner drivers.
SG
Scottie_G.
May 31, 2005
Hmmm look at that Dave.
DM
dave_milbut
May 31, 2005
erm, ok.
R
Ram
May 31, 2005
Dave,

something’s skwewy wabbit! are those extra scanners in add remove programs in control panel?

Scottie G. uses a Mac.
SG
Scottie_G.
May 31, 2005
Ramon. What is a diehard Machead doing in this forum? I have 2nd machine in windows, but Mac is primary for sure. Good to come on hear and get different viewpoints too.
R
Ram
May 31, 2005
What is a diehard Machead doing in this forum?

Following rumors heard elsewhere…
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 1, 2005
Scottie – as already stated, it sounds like Photoshop is picking up your TWAIN or WIA drivers and adding those to the list (as it is supposed to). I’m not sure why CS wouldn’t do that, unless you removed the TWAIN plugin for some reason.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 2, 2005
Thanks Chris:
I did not remove anything.
I just went to CS2, plugins, and do not see a folder in there call "Twain" . I see, adobe image ready only, digimarc, effect, extenstions, etc.
Should Twain be in here?

thanks!!!!!!!!
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 2, 2005
TWAIN is in there – under import/export.
PM
Peter_McNeill
Jun 2, 2005
TWAIN folder is in C:\windows or which ever your windows directory is.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 2, 2005
Peter – I was talking about the TWAIN plugin for Photoshop (that interfaces to the TWAIN data source manager in the system).
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 3, 2005
Ok Twain is there. But question remains. (not that you Chris or anyone is obliged to know………..)

Why is it not showing anymore the Nikon Scanner, like it used too? (scanner is on and working ok )

And less importantly, why does it show 10 different Epson perfection scanners I don’t have and don’t want. (it does have the epson flatbed I do have though)
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 3, 2005
Scottie,

I’ll paraphrase what they’re trying to tell you (er.. I think).

You should check device manager (Right click on my computer – properites|hardware tab) for your Nikon Scanner. Make sure it’s listed there.

If it is, then find the TWAIN folder on your system – not the one under photoshop, the one in the C:\Windows folder. You’ll have to clean that out, and then reinstall the sanner(s).

It sounds like they’re saying that photoshop checks wherever twain drivers are supposed to be installed, and lists them int he Import menu. If a scanner installs to a folder that PS doesn’t check (i.e., not a standard install), it won’t be listed on the import menu.

On the other hand, if for some reason there are other scanner drivers installed where PS would normally check, they WILL be listed, even if you don’t have them.

I don’t know the above for a fact, it’s just conjecture, but maybe it’ll help.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 3, 2005
My guess is still that you disabled or deleted the TWAIN plugin in CS, otherwise it would be listing the same Epson scanners. And you probably installed a plugin driver for the Nikon scanner in CS that you did not install in CS2.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 4, 2005
Yrbk:
Excellent explanation. I’m mostly on Mac, so I’ll move this over there, if need be; but did find Twain, folder and deleted all those Epson dont use

Those are called .ds files whatever that means.

Now I just found something called Nikon scan plug in 4 in Nikon software folder. I’ve moved that to the Adobe/plug in/import export. Now if does show in file import list. But when click on is the nikon window comes up for second, and then says ‘there was a serious error" so I stuck, but closer. (the scanner is on)
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 4, 2005
Most likely the Nikon software is missing something it needs. Reinstalling it might help.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 4, 2005
Just did, but I could try again. Maybe they have a problem with Tiger?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2005
Maybe they have a problem with Tiger?

you do know this is the windows forum right?
R
Ram
Jun 4, 2005
Dave,

you do know this is the windows forum right?

So much for Scottie’s "second machine".

See posts #4 and 5 above:
Ramón G Castañeda, "Now with CS2, import screwed up." #4, 30 May 2005 9:06 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/3>
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 5, 2005
Oh, Ramon is right, this is getting pretty too specific to Mac, did not foresee that. Like both forums, great people here too lot of diversity. Have many computers. There was a time too, Ramon did not come on this forum. Only thing with Mac forum, it’s all Ramon, all the time. Should be called Adobe Users mac Ramon forum. Just kidding Ramon, your help is great, often brilliant and appreciated!
R
Ram
Jun 5, 2005
Have many computers.

And can’t use any.
JJ
John Joslin
Jun 5, 2005
Tut, Tut, Ray. We’re not so aggressive in here!
R
Ram
Jun 5, 2005
Who’s "Ray"?
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 5, 2005
You. I’m pretty sure that Ray is for Raymond, an english version of your name.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 5, 2005
MEAN Raymondo.
Ramondo, you know the old saying grandma taught you. If you can’t say anything nice……
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 5, 2005
Everything now working great, thanks Chris and Dave.
Ramon, take a lesson from Chris, Dave, Bruce F., Pierre, Ed H., and other terrific helpers who come on and give help with criticising the users.
RE
Robert_Enns
Jun 6, 2005
Ahem. Scottie. Reread last line. Apology in order. 🙂
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2005
Scot Tie Gee,

You are pathetic. A very, very little man.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 6, 2005
Love you Ramon! Just kidding. keep up great work!
It’s funny how every post you come on degenerates into nothing that has to do with thread.
SG
Scottie_G.
Jun 6, 2005
Come on threads Ramon, again, just don’t want all baggage, lectures, the haranging that you do with so many people on forum, when you just address a question fine, it’s when you go on moralizing, just too much.
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2005
"Moralizing"???
L
LenHewitt
Jun 6, 2005
O/T posts with personal comments and criticisms have been deleted.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections