How do you add watermark/company logo to hundreds of images at once?

P
Posted By
Prov
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My wife and I operate an action photography business and are looking to add event photos to our website. I do not wish the photos to be copied without having some form of protection on them, IE: our logo.
I have absolutely no clue how to add our logo accross the photos,(thumnails would be the preferred size)let alone do 1,000 pictures at the same time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Windows XP, Elements 2.0 (Photoshop 7, but don’t use it much)

I need to:
1.Resize multiple images to thumbnail size
2.Add company logo / watermark accross each resized image
3.Upload to website

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ray
Nov 6, 2003
Prov,

For that you’ll need to use Photoshop 7 (by the way, this is Photoshop Elements forum, a different software). You will need to record an action to resize your image, and then add the logo. Then, using File / Automate / Batch, you will apply this action to all the pictures in a given folder.

For a detailed explanation, ask this question in the Photoshop forum. Several people will answer your question there.

Ray
JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 6, 2003
Since you have Photoshop 7, I suggest that you take a look at the help file to get some information on automating your task. Photoshop allows you to record actions so they can be played back individually or you can run a batch process that would allow you to process all of your photographs at once. I don’t know if your photographs are all the same size, nor do I know anything about your company logo. But if your photographs are all the same size I would think it would be fairly easy to record an action (in Photoshop) that would load your photograph, copy your company logo onto the photograph, and then flatten the image and save it to a new folder. I think I would do all of that before I reduced the size of the photographs. Then you could run another batch process that would resize your pictures. I don’t want to into detail on how to do this. It should be fairly straightforward to figure out a process if you take the time to study the help file a little bit. But it would definitely be something that you would want to use Photoshop to accomplish.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Nov 6, 2003
My wife and I operate an action photography business and are looking to
add event photos to our website. I do not wish the photos to be copied without having some form of protection on them, IE: our logo.
I have absolutely no clue how to add our logo accross the
photos,(thumnails would be the preferred size)let alone do 1,000 pictures at the same time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Windows XP, Elements 2.0 (Photoshop 7, but don’t use it much)
I need to:
1.Resize multiple images to thumbnail size
2.Add company logo / watermark accross each resized image
3.Upload to website

You can create an action in Photoshop 7 to do #1 and #2. However, doing 1000’s of photos and then uploading will probably take too much time.

You probably need a PHP program, and someone to implement that on a server to create a better solution. If you search Google for "PHP jpg watermark resize" you’ll find information.

What you wan’t to do (I think) is have the ability to upload jpg’s to a server, and let the server perform all of that work, including creating web pages, etc.

Ed
RL
Richard_Lynch
Nov 6, 2003
You can actually set up a batch process in Elements. You can use Photoshop to alter the BatchWin.atn file and create new batch options. I have a sample watermark action that may prove helpful in figuring out how to set this up…written some years ago so forgive me if it is a little rudimentary. I have not tested it for use with Elements.

<http://www.ps6.com/downloads/Watermark2.zip>

If you need more help with that feel free to contact me.

Richard Lynch
P
Prov
Nov 7, 2003
Thank you for the replies. I suppose I’ll have to use PS7 and get used to it. I’ve used elements for a while now (and almost have a good clue) that I hesitate to move to anything else.
Thanks again.
JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 7, 2003
When I first purchased Photoshop Elements I was quite excited with it because I had been using Photoshop 6 and Elements had a couple of features and I thought were pretty cool. But it seemed that in just about every project I started there was just one or two little things that were not available that I really missed. So I would end of going back into Photoshop to finish the project. I put up with this for a while because I didn’t want to spend to upgrade my Photoshop. After all, that was the reason I purchased Elements in the first place. I thought it was a real cost effective alternative. I finally gave up and have Photoshop 7 now, and I hardly ever use Elements anymore. If you have Photoshop 7, it is my opinion that it would be time well spent for you to learn how to use it. I agree, it is not an easy program to learn how to use. Especially if you don’t have a graphics background to begin with. But it really does have a lot of nice features that just aren’t in Elements. But then, I guess that’s why it costs so much more. I know, this isn’t much help to you, it’s only my opinion. But since you already have Photoshop 7, I would devote time to learning how to use it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections