TC
Posted By
Tina_Cole
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a simple question that i’m sure you all will know the answer to. I have Adobe Photo Elements 2.0 and I am running Windows 98 SE. When I tried to print a photograph the picture was perfect except for the thin black lines running horizontal about every inch across the photo. HELP! I know that it must be something that I haven’t done right in setting up the printer to print it. Any help will be appreciated.

Tina

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 18, 2003
Before you spent too much energy on the printer, check one thing: Look at the resolution of your image in Elements and make sure it doesn’t have a fraction showing, like 301.657. They have to be whole numbers or a printer goes crazy trying to figure out how to print a partial pixel. This is a simple fix that normally corrects this kind of problem, so I hope it works for you. Good luck!
B
BobHill
Nov 18, 2003
Tina,

I’ll bet that you changed the physical size of your image and resulted in a resolution that is not a whole number (example: 157.231ppi). Printers don’t understand partial pixels and will put in lines when printing. Or, you may have a driver problem. Be sure that the driver you are using is compatible with YOUR version of Windows and the program. That can cause lines also.

Bob
TC
Tina_Cole
Nov 18, 2003
Thank you, Bob and Beth. I will try your suggestions.
Tina
TC
Tina_Cole
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks a million Bob and Beth. It was a resolution issue and your suggestions worked!

Tina
B
BobHill
Nov 20, 2003
Glad to hear you’ve got your printing problem fixed, Tina.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections