RC
Posted By
Robert_Cartwright
Nov 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After locating the file in the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration directory, I clicked on it. Nothing. Then I right clicked on the icon and clicked on Open. Nothing. If it’s any clue the icon is the generic one Windows has for .exe files rather than something custom for Adobe. This is Windows 98SE. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 21, 2003
To manually open Adobe Gamma, you click on the Adobe Gamma.cpl file, NOT the .exe.

It should be in windows/system on a 98 box.
Of course if it’s there, it *should* show in Control Panel also.

Mac
RW
Ralph_Ward
Nov 21, 2003
I have a similar problem….the new nvidia drivers came out and after i installed it, gamma loader is gone from the control panel, and has no effect from the shared folder….using xp pro
RC
Robert_Cartwright
Nov 21, 2003
Mac, Thanks for the prompt reply and the good information. That’s new to me. Have always clicked on the .exe files to start ’em.

I went through the process of setting this up and decided that what I came up with was not superior to the original settings so I Roxio’d back to the earlier setting. If later use seems to indicate the need for change I’ll know how to go about it.

Many thanks.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections