JL
Posted By
Jay_Light
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Macg4, 1.75G ram, OS 10.2, Explorer and Outlook Express.

I have created PhotoshopWeb Photo Gallery, in PS 7 and PSCS. I have saved the images, index, pages etc in folders.

My clients, on pcs and macs like mine cannot open the files. They arrive as Sit files. Even when I try to turn off compression in outlook exress, they still arrive as sit files.
I tried DropZipping the folders, still no luck.
If putting the Web Gallery files in Folders is the problem, what is the alternative when there are 50 images?

thanks for any help,
J. Light

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jun 2, 2004
if they are stuffed the people recieving them must unstuff them.

the idea behind a web gallery is to upload them to your web site and send the address to the people you want to view the pics.
R
Ram
Jun 2, 2004
Have you looked at your Outlook settings? Make sure you have "Apple Double" checked and that there’s no setting to automatically stuff files.
JL
Jay_Light
Jun 2, 2004
Ramon,
I rechecked my settings in Outlook Express. I had checked "Apple Double" and turned off automatically stuffing files.
Thanks,
J.L.
JL
Jay_Light
Jun 2, 2004
Buko,
I do not yet have a website so maybe you are right about the Adobe web photo gallery being available for website usage only.
As for unstuffing .sit files at the receiver end of an attached email, my pc people manintain they cannot handle a .sit file.
thanks for your response,
J.L.
R
Ram
Jun 3, 2004
Whenever you email files to PC users make sure they have the correct extension at the end of their name.
GB
g_ballard
Jun 3, 2004
drag the .index.html file into the web browser
(or browser> File> Open: index.html)

if you .zip them, macs and pcs should both be able to unzip them

+++++

another tip, place the gallery folder into another folder, place an alias of the index.html inside the main folder (outside the gallery folder)

rename the alias

do a Get Info on the original index.html
change Open With to Explorer (or other browser)

THEN zip the entire folder…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Why don’t you just make an Acrobat Presentation which will be easier to email?

It is quick and easy to do from inside Photoshop’s File Browser. Just arrange your JPEGs in the order that you want to show them; choose Automate/PDF Presentation and choose your options

Then all that your recipients need to watch the Slide Show is Acrobat Reader.

Instruct them to go to the Window Menu and choose Full Screen View and click Page Down or the Right Arrow to see the next slide. Hitting "Escape" stops the show.
JL
Jay_Light
Jun 3, 2004
Ann,
Your PDF presentation method transfers my files well, problem mostly solved.

I do want a thumbnail page so I did a contact sheet in PS and saved it for web as jpeg and included it with the other jpegs as page one of PDF Presentation. But it is not an interactive thumbnail page like adobe web photo gallery.

Also I seem to have to select each file separately in the browser, it won’t open a folder with multiple files. Is that your experience?
thanks,
JL
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Just put the images that you want to include in a single folder; Open the folder containing the JPEGs in the Browser and drag your images into the order that you want them to display;
Cmd. A to Select All;
Then choose Automate/PDF Presentation.
In the next dialog you will see all of your files listed (and you can also reposition or delete any of them there);
Choose your Options and hit Save.

If you want your thumbnails to be interactive, you can use the Links tool in Acrobat Pro to make links from each area of your Thumbnail page directly to the full-sized image page.
JL
Jay_Light
Jun 3, 2004
Ann
Your suggestion of the single folder, select all, automate presentation works fine.

I could not find Acrobat Pro but maybe it has another name? And maybe this is the same solution as yours: I had my images up, one at a time, in Reader; I hit the Escape key, went to the Window menu and hit Thumbnails and got a left hand window of all my images in the folder, and, they are interactive with the larger window on the right.
Very useful help, thanks so much.
JL
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Acrobat 6 Pro can be found here:
<http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html>

But unlike Reader, sadly it is not free!

If the List of thumbnails which appear Adobe Reader’s Pages tab work for you, that is fine: but if you wanted to have your thumbnails displayed on your opening page (arranged as a page-spread), then you will need the Link tool which is part of Acrobat Pro.
JL
Jay_Light
Jun 4, 2004
Can a file done in Acrobat Pro be sent to and opened by someone else who has Reader but not Pro? Will they get the linked thumbnails displayed on the opening page?
thks
R
Ram
Jun 4, 2004
Can a file done in Acrobat Pro be sent to and opened by someone else who has Reader but not Pro?

Yes.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections