JC
Posted By
Joe_Couto
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using the Transform tool to size an image, CS no longer lets you have a path selected. When a path is selected the Transform changes to Transform Path.

Previous versions of Photoshop allowed an image on a layer to be transformed while a path was selected.

Has anyone else come across this and have you been able to get it working?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 8, 2004
I imagine that you want to be able to see the path so that you can use it as a template while transforming your image?

The only way around this seems to be to "Stroke" the path on a separate layer and use that as a visible template. Delete the layer containing the stroke when you have finished with it.
HC
Henri_Clement
Jun 9, 2004
Yes, that is the best I have found also to get around this. But its a nuisance. It would be all the better – and logical – if a path would ONLY be changed when a path tool is active. When a marquee tool is active, then you should be able to delete or transform a selection on a layer, even though having a path visible.
Adobe, PLEASE BRING BACK the Photoshop 7 feature !
P
progress
Jun 9, 2004
its been raised before…

its a popular feature change, i cant think of the reason why it would be designed to do that…one wonders if its a bug.

CS.01 ahem?
JC
Joe_Couto
Jun 9, 2004
Yes, i do use the paths as a template while transforming. The feature is very handy and since i use it in daily basis, i guess will keep using 7 until Adobe comes out with a fix.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections