DP
Posted By
Debbie_Pastore
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded from Photoshop Elements 1.0 to 2.0 and everything seems great except that my Save for Web function won’t save. I get an error message that says "Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed". I’m running XP on a Pentium 4 2.6ghz w/512Mb memory. Worked fine on previous version – now I have to use "save as" instead. I like the "save for web" & I want it back! Anybody seen this one? I already reset my preferences, didn’t help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 9, 2003
Try this:

"Save for Web has it’s own preferences and there is a shortcut to delete them on Windows, but it doesn’t work on Mac. However on Mac you can find them in your user/username/library/preferences folder. On Win they are indeed in the registry.

The shortcut is Control-Alt while launching Save for Web."

Compliments of Rich Coencas. If it doesn’t work, please post back, and we’ll see if we can scare up Rich for a different idea. 🙂
DP
Debbie_Pastore
Dec 9, 2003
Beth – thanks! That was simple and it worked!
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 9, 2003
You’re welcome! I knew I’d been saving that on a sticky note for some reason.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections