TG
Posted By
Ted_Glebe
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone tell me how to remove photoshop form OS X? I would rather open photoshop in classic where I have the option to print borderless photos. The borderless option is not available in OS X as stated in the manual that I have.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jun 30, 2004
Ted,

No need to remove it. Just highlight the Photoshop 7 icon, do a Get Info (Command I) and check the box "Open in the Classic Environment". Next time you launch the application, it will open in Classic.
R
Ram
Jun 30, 2004
That’s assuming you are running Photoshop 7, of course. CS does not run in the Classic environment nor in straight 9.x.
TG
Ted_Glebe
Jun 30, 2004
Yes, its photoshop 7. I just checked the box and it worked as you said. You don’t know how long I have been booting in 9 to get borderless prints. Thanks so much.
L
Larryr544
Jun 30, 2004
Epson printers print great borderless prints with PS 7 or 8 with OS X.
R
Ram
Jun 30, 2004
Ted,

Well, it boots in Classic, but I can’t guarantee you’ll have the borderless option there (as opposed to straight 9.2.2); I’ve just never tried it.
TG
Ted_Glebe
Jun 30, 2004
It gives me the option for borderless. I just printed a photo. I don’t know where Larryr544 gets that you can print borderless prints from OS X when my Epson Stylus Photo 2200 manual states on page 41 that borderless printing is not available with OS X. I have tried endlessly to do it, but was never able to come up with a way. Maybe Larryr544 can shed more light on the subject.
B
Buko
Jun 30, 2004
I print boarderless prints from my 2200 in OSX all the time.

have you downloaded the latest drivers from Epson??
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 30, 2004
Ted:

There is nothing to stop you from having two copies of the same serial-numbered edition of Photoshop 7.0.1 on the same machine.

Set one to open in Classic (useful if you need to run third-party filters or work on images of currency);
and the other copy set to open in OSX for everything else.

Both copies can be active at the same time.
L
Larryr544
Jun 30, 2004
That manual was true years ago! Do what Buko said…get the latest driver from Epson or Apple.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections