LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Raymond, I visited your galery and noticed a very nice wrinkle effect on "vieille-photo". How did you do it?

Leen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 18, 2003
Leen, I’m obviously not Ray, but that was a Creative Mac Tutorial on Creating a Rumpled Picture < http://www.creativemac.com/2003/06_jun/tutorials/psrumple030 603.htm>. I also used that technique on this <http://www.pbase.com/image/17863183> flower. A really neat technique, I found it works best on large areas of white. This is how the original flower < http://home.earthlink.net/~bjwimages/bjwimages/Photos_11.htm l> appeared prior to rumpling.

Barb
LK
Leen_Koper
Dec 19, 2003
Barbara, on the internet I can hardly notice the difference, although I have my preferences. 😉 (Beth, I ain’t gonna reset these preferences.)

I’ll check out this link this weekend. Thank you very much. I hope it works on PC too, but I’ll check that later. It’s about 01.30 now and my bed is more attractive at the moment.

Leen
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
You’re a real night owl Leen, good night. I think it should work on a PC also. I’m guessing which one you prefer, it’s… You know what happened last time I guessed. 😉
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 19, 2003
Hi Barbara, What wonderful flower photos! They are beautiful! The originals are soooo good and I imagine that all the rumples and other neat things that can be done to them come out great too. Its the original that makes the difference. I can’t wait for my garden to come into full bloom next summer so that I can get some close ups and macros and see what I can do, now that I have studied PSE for a year.
The Creative Mac site I just bookmarked.
There is so much fun to be had and so much to do with all your tutorials here, that I cannot catch up but I sure am trying!
Jane
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Hi Jane, thanks for your very kind comments! I’m a flower fanatic, love gardening and shooting them as well. I can’t wait for spring, I may have to buy some flowers to shoot in a studio setting so I can stay content until then. It’s fun to play around with these tutorials and see what you can come up with. Barbara Brundage posted that link this past summer; they have some interesting tutorials and also some very different brushes for downloading (Nagel Series Brushes < http://www.creativemac.com/2003/10_oct/features/download5003 1024.htm>, this is one of the brush sets, there are many more under Creative Mac "Features", most will work in PSE 2 ). Hope you find time to have fun with it all!

Barb
JC
Jane_Carter
Dec 19, 2003
What a great site, the Creative Mac one!
I have some of the Nagel brushes and they are sure neat. My husband last week just relinquished part of his veggie garden to my flowers, a summer promise, as the pests(and our dogs) have wreaked havoc on them. Flowers might do better? Oh well, he said just try it.
We just will have to put a fence up.
It will be worth the work. Now how to keep the grandkids out,,,,,,,, Jane
R
Ray
Dec 19, 2003
Barb,

Yes I do mind, but I think it’s too late, isn’t it.

Ray

…. ok! Just kidding here! Of course I don’t mind 🙂 (the guy had a rough day, I needed to tease
someone.. !!)

Yep, it’s the same tutorial. I think it’s you Barb who posted it here several months ago. Or was it the other Barbara ? I’m not sure. But I know it was a "Mac" person.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Ray, you had me worried there for a split second! 😉 Barbara Brundage posted that terrific tutorial, I haven’t tried that one in quite a while. Hmmm lets see, what shall I rumple….?

Barb

p.s. …you’ll be a "Mac" person soon too! 🙂 One of these days right?
R
Ray
Dec 19, 2003
Barb, it still in the works. Probably around April or May. I’m still unsure about the model, though. A desktop would be nice (dual G5.. !) and a laptop would be convenient. But, the laptop still has "more votes", if I can say so.

By the way, I really don’t get mad easily. Especially when sharing information with other. I believe this board has given me 10 times more than I gave back.

Ray
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Dec 19, 2003
Ray, I went to Comp USA today to get some paper for my printer and couldn’t help strolling over the the Apple section. I saw that Dual G5, but they also had the new 20" iMac on display…wow that looks great! I have the 15" one and screen space is rather sparse when I have the palettes open. Remember to keep the screen size in mind especially with all the "Elementing" that we do. This was my first computer, so I really can’t complain, it’s been one of the best things I ever bought, well that, and my camera. Hope you get what suites you best!

Ray, I feel the same as you about this great gathering place. I’ve learned almost everything I know about PSE2 right here on this forum. I started reading the manual, but it was missing the interactive help I required in the beginning. Thanks everyone! 🙂 Now it’s just a fun place to hang out. 😉

Barb

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections