Posted By
Rbox
Dec 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Strange thing:
When pressing F1 or clicking help or help-items in the toolbar, nothing happens. No matter what I try, I can’t get any help item to appear. Running Win XP sp1.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 21, 2003
Has this been happening since you installed Elements? If so, do you use – or have you recently changed to – an ISP that uses a proprietary browser, such as AOL, CompuServe, or Yahoo?
R
Rbox
Dec 22, 2003
Yep, since it was installed. I use IE6 but my isp (Telenet-Belgium/broadband-cable)connects through proxy.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 22, 2003
Have you gone into the Control Panels and checked to make sure IE is set as the default browser? Maybe you should make XP run it through the drill again.

Open Control Panel>Network & Internet Connections. On that page, look below a line that says "Pick a Control Panel Option" and select Internet Options. Click on the Program tab and make sure there’s a checkmark in the box next to "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser." There should be a checkmark there; if not add one. If it’s already there, click OK anyway and see if it will reset.
R
Rbox
Dec 22, 2003
Checkmark was there, blanked it, put it back, but nothing has changed help-wise…..
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 22, 2003
Have you looked in the Elements application folder that’s on your hard drive to make sure the Help files are really in there?! If not, try an overinstall. If they are, somebody else is going to have to take over, because I’m out of ideas. Although, if the files are in there but just can’t be accessed through Elements, you can create a desktop shortcut.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 23, 2003
Rbox,

If the help files are indeed installed, try the following, it is a slick workaround. Many people (myself included) have problems with the help files when running XP.

Using Explorer, locate the help files. When they are displayed on the right hand side of screen, drag the icon down to the Quick Launch Area on your screen (to the right of the Start button) and drop it. Whenever you want to see a help file, just click on that icon in the QLaunch section. Each page has Search and Contents access, so it doesn’t matter which page you dragged, you can access everything from that one page.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections