DB
Posted By
Dick Bushman
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use to be able to open eps files that were 23" x 35" or larger page size (both Illustrator 10 and Quark 5.0 created eps files), but for some reason when I try to open the files it gives me "Could not open because the parser module cannot parse the file." and they are brand new files. This is on a Macintosh using Panther.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jul 13, 2004
Its Quark.

make a PDF and open that.
DB
Dick Bushman
Jul 13, 2004
Just tried the same eps on another machine with Photoshop 7 and it was able to open the file just fine. It’s not only Quark eps, it does it with Illustrator eps also. I am not able to pdf out of Distiller either. I’m beginning to think it is my machine.
R
Ram
Jul 13, 2004
Did you update to 7.0.1?
DB
Dick Bushman
Jul 14, 2004
Yes.
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
Dick,

Thanks for clarifying.

If you have NAV (Norton Anti Virus), disable it or delete it. If it solves your problem (it does in a large majority of cases, if not all), delete anything with name Norton from your computer. It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the Norton CD.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 15, 2004
What resolution (and therefore width and length in pixels) is your file?

Photoshop has a size-limit:

Photoshop CS supports maximum pixel dimensions of 300,000 by 300,000 pixels per image while Photoshop 7 only supports maximum pixel dimensions of 30,000 by 30,000 pixels.
DB
Dick Bushman
Jul 15, 2004
Taking off NAV seems to work. Thanks
R
Ram
Jul 15, 2004
I figure it would, Dick. 🙂 Thanks for reporting back.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections