A
Posted By
Abbey8
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using this product for a few years with no problem. All of a sudden, I cannot use the "save for web" feature on any of the computers on my network. The network people swear they haven’t changed anything, but I certainly can’t find any option to turn this off.

When I click the "save for web," nothing happens. It does not bring up the dialog box that gives you options. Any ideas?

Abbey

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MS
Mark_Sand
Apr 27, 2005
Try restoring the preferences:
Press and hold Alt-Ctrl-Shift immediately after launching PSE (the timing is critical, you may have to try this several times). A dialog box will pop up with the question "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements Settings file?" Click YES.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
If deleting the Prefs for the entire app doesn’t help, try deleting the Prefs for the Save for Web portion:

Hold down Ctrl+Alt, then choose Save For Web.
You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete Save For Web preferences.
Choose yes.

I don’t have a good understanding of networks – and don’t want to! 🙂 – so could you clarify for me if one application serves all computers, or does each computer have its own installation? If each one has its own install and all have gone clunky, you may have to go back to your network people for help. Elements wasn’t designed to be used on networks, so there’s not a big bank of information about troubleshooting problems when it is. Most of us here on the forum are home users with just one computer to worry about!
A
Abbey8
Apr 27, 2005
Each of the 20 computers has it’s own copy. I tried both of the suggestions with no luck. I’m thinking it’s a network thing, which I have no knowledge of…and don’t really want to know. 🙂

Thanks for the advice!

Abbey
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
Yeh, if each computer has it’s own install, and all are exhibiting the same problem, it’s definitely coming from the network end. Good luck, ’cause I suspect you’ll need it. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections