Posted By
mary_lou_buchmann
Dec 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
mary_lou_buchmann
Dec 31, 2003
When I click on my Adobe Photoshop icon the first thing that comes up is the following: The monitor profile "Gateway FPD1730" appearss to be defective. Please return your monitor calibration software. The two boxes giving my a choice: Ignore or Use Anyway. What is this? A serious problem? This is the first time I’ve used this method of "support". There appears to be no other available. It seems like a real shot in the dark.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 31, 2003
mary, don’t panic. It just means you need to calibrate your monitor with the ‘Adobe Gamma’ that came with the software. It’s in your control panel. here’s a link to help you…just follow from step 1

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm>
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Mary Lou,

This link will answer your question

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31caa.htm>
ML
mary_lou_buchmann
Jan 1, 2004
I will try this. Thank you very much.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 1, 2004
Mary Lou,

You are welcome, Happy New Year!
ML
mary_lou_buchmann
Jan 3, 2004
Dear Jodi, Thank you for your help on dec. 31. I no longer have the error message popping up when I start Adobe Photoshop. I had little faith in these forum sites, but this one has proved very helpful. Thanks again.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 3, 2004
Mary, you are very welcome. Keep in mind that your screen will need to be recalibrated every so often using Adobe Gamma. I usually check mine once a week to be sure the RGB boxes are still accurate. The green is the most difficult to level out…imo.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections