N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can an action be added to PSE 2 or are actions only used with the full photoshop version? a photographer e-mailed me a softening action for photos and not only am i unsure if it can be used with PSE 2 but if it can where should i put it? thanks in advance for your advice.

George

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SS
Susan_S.
Jan 1, 2004
Actions that have been specially modified to work in Elements can be played using action players written for Elements. Richard Lynch has produced one (it’s available for download on the Adobe Exchange as well as his website) and Ling Nero another. However it is unlikely that the PS action you have been sent will run in one of these players without modification (if only to strip off any capital letters or other non alphanumeric characters from the action name!) – and this modification can only be carried out using the full version (or a demo) of PS.
Susan S,
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 2, 2004
George,

But AutoFX offers a free plugin from their Dream Suite which softens images and it works in PSE. A frequent contributor here, Leen, uses it with great effect.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections