No profile mismatch warning from browser???

P
Posted By
progress
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
or am i missing something…? prefs are all set to ask on conflicts and missing profiles.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AR
Andrew Rodney
Aug 11, 2004
What browser?
SJ
Stevie_J_V
Aug 11, 2004
Who?
R
Ram
Aug 11, 2004
Progress,

If you mean there’s no mismatched profile alert when just viewing the thumbnail or the preview in Photoshop’s File Browser, that’s true. But if you open the image from within the File Browser, Photoshop immediately gives you the alert.
P
progress
Aug 11, 2004
you would think so ramon, wouldn’t you…except that it doesn’t sometimes…can’t quite finger when it does and when it doesn’t but we have whole folder full of images off a camera and some open with a warning, some dont and none of them are in my colour space. I know its odd because when i copy paste into a document in my space i get the option to convert or whatever.
R
Ram
Aug 11, 2004
I’ve never seen that, Progress. That would indeed be a problem.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 11, 2004
What Version of PS?
P
progress
Aug 11, 2004
CS
AR
Andrew Rodney
Aug 11, 2004
What camera? What’s the EXIF data say the color space of the camera is at? Do you have the ignore EXIF option on or off in your preferences? What are the color settings set at? We need a lot more info.
P
progress
Aug 11, 2004
the camera is a Sony DSC-F717…exif settings are standard…the camera files are jpeg shot in SRGB…it doesnt happen all the time, but it happened 3-4 times in about 20 openings yesterday…today i cant remember if it did it or not. The files are jpegs.

What im wondering is if i’ve clicked "dont use colour manangement" on a previous file and its remembered that…possible?

One thing i do remember is that the * or # accompanied the title (sorry cant remember which).

I know it happened enough for me to wonder if i had inadvertantly killed the message with a shortcut…but having a look through both PS and the image browser’s prefs found nothing.

Will keep an eye on it and report back…but it definately wasn’t my imagination.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections