Replies
Status
Closed
Save for web produces this error message: when i hit save

"Could not complete this operation.The File was not found."

same error messege occurs in image ready

using CS 8.0
on Mac OSx 10.3.5

I have tried deleting all preferences. i have installed Photoshop 7.0 and the function works fine.

the same problem is posted by someone else here:

<http://forums.devshed.com/t164750/s.html>

Please help. I’m at my wits end…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jonf
Aug 13, 2004
Are you saving over a network?
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2004
Did you trash save for web prefs??
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Beside the two very good suggestions above, two more thoughts come to mind:

1.– If you installed Photoshop by any other means than installing it from the original install CD (e.g., by restoring it from backups, by copying it from another volume or a Carbon Copy-like like utility), then reinstall Photoshop.

2.– Make sure you don’t have any non-UNIX characters in the name of anything in the path (files, folders, volumes). Stick to numbers and the letters of the English alphabet.
J
jonf
Aug 13, 2004
In case the original poster isn’t aware of the problem, I should point out that saving over a network is a bad thing.
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Jonf,

You’re right; the original poster has not answered your question.

mrmatthamm:

If you are opening files over a network or saving them to a network server, cease and desist immediately. That’s a BIG no-no.

See:

Buko "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/23/03 11:02am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

and:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>

Copy the CLOSED file from your server to your local HD, work on it, save it again to your HD, close it, and copy the closed file back to the server.
LG
Lauren_Grabelle
Aug 19, 2004
I just encounetered the same error message when trying to ‘save for web’. Did the original poster ever solve the problem? I am feeling at my wits ends too. I am using PSCS on 10.2.8, not on a network, and the problem is happening with any and all files i’ve tried. Thanks for any help.
M
mrmatthamm
Aug 19, 2004
Problem solved. Thanks guys. II deleted my web prefs but i needed to empty the trash too.
LG
Lauren_Grabelle
Aug 19, 2004
I just tried emptying the trash too, but unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem for me! If anyone has any other ideas i’m all ears. Thanks.
M
mrmatthamm
Aug 19, 2004
make sure its this file you delete:

Adobe Save For Web 8.0 Prefs

in library/preferences/

empty trash.

I also reinstalled photoshop 7.0, so I dont knowif that had anything to do with it.
R
Ram
Aug 19, 2004
Of course, you have to trash the prefs files AND empty the trash BEFORE relaunching Photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections