W
Posted By
What-A-Tool
Dec 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First – I have an eliptical path that I want to copy a number of times, incremented vertically, and I want to keep the same spacing. Is than an easier way of doing this than copy/paste and manually aligning them, such as a linear step/repeat type command?

Second – Concerning guides – Is there a way to rotate a guide so that it is on an angle and no longer parrallel to the image borders?

Thanks in advance
Sean Mc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 16, 2005
Copy the shape the distance you want…then repeatedly hit CTRL+D. As for angular guides…I don’t think you can…unless you draw a line and convert it to a guide.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" wrote in message
First – I have an eliptical path that I want to copy a number of times, incremented vertically, and I want to keep the same spacing. Is than an easier way of doing this than copy/paste and manually aligning them, such as a linear step/repeat type command?

Second – Concerning guides – Is there a way to rotate a guide so that it is on an angle and no longer parrallel to the image borders?
Thanks in advance
Sean Mc
W
What-a-Tool
Dec 16, 2005
Thanks – I’ll try it
W
What-A-Tool
Dec 17, 2005
"Casey G." wrote in message
Copy the shape the distance you want…then repeatedly hit CTRL+D. As for angular guides…I don’t think you can…unless you draw a line and convert it to a guide.

Sorry if I’m being dense – I’m still learning, and have a long way to go –

I draw a path
I select with path select tool
I copy and paste – shapes overlap
I select path and move to desired location – only new path moves – original stays in original location – now I have 2 shape paths proper distance apart.

Ctrl + D doesn’t do anything at this point

What am I doing that’s different than what you thought I was doing (what I should be doing) and how do I get this to Linear step/repeat ?

Thanks again
PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 17, 2005
For an example, draw a circle. Now, Hold ALT and drag it over (should make a copy). Then CTRL + D repeatedly. Or you can draw your circle, hit ENTER. Type the distance you want to move it and click COPY. CTRL + D should make copies of that with the same distance.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" <Die!> wrote in message

I draw a path
I select path and move to desired location – only new path moves – original stays in original location – now I have 2 shape paths proper distance apart.

What am I doing that’s different than what you thought I was doing (what I should be doing) and how do I get this to Linear step/repeat ?
Thanks again
PN
prophet74_NOSPAM
Dec 17, 2005
WOOPS! Thought I was in the ILLUSTRATOR Newsgroup. Scratch all that I said 🙂

Casey

For an example, draw a circle. Now, Hold ALT and drag it over (should make a copy). Then CTRL + D repeatedly. Or you can draw your circle, hit ENTER. Type the distance you want to move it and click COPY. CTRL + D should make copies of that with the same distance.

Casey

"What-A-Tool" <Die!> wrote in message

I draw a path

Thanks again

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections