Posted By
Ray
Jan 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all !

I think I found a bug, but it’s not consistent (it doesn’t happen all of the times). I created a document 1912 x 1368 pixels at 300 pixels per inch, white background.

I was creating the texture for this image. Basically, what I did is I painted the background, added
noise, then ran the Facet filter a few times (then the Crystalize, the Glass, added a few text layers, drop shadows). Later, when I tried to print the document, I realized several times bigger then the print preview window. I canceled, got back, step by step in the history palette, and realized than before I added the Facet filter, the resolution indicated 300 pixels / inch, and right
after the first Facet filter, it dropped to 72 pixels per inch.

Now, I cannot replicate it at will in other documents. I can, in this document, as soon as I click in the history palette passed the first Facet filter application, see that the resolution drops to 72 pixels.

Anybody else noticed that before?

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 27, 2004
Ray, where is the Facet filter? I haven’t encounted that one before….

(I guess you’re not referring to the Faucet Filter I use on my water supply to get the foul taste out of the Texas water….)

Chuck
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jan 27, 2004
Hi, Chuck. It’s one of the Pixelate filters, but you can’t adjust it–it just does what it does.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 27, 2004
Hi, Barbara: I found it and clicked on it with an image open; got no visible change. Tried another image – same effect. Must be a very subtle filter indeed!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jan 27, 2004
Yes, you have to zoom way in to see it at work, or use a very low res image if you want it to affect a print at all.

Ray, I’m curious–what do you use it for?
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 27, 2004
Hi Ray, This is fun, I got the Facet filter to work fine, by playing around with it for a while. Then looked in the History and it was still 300 ppi.
I am now taking the dog for her cold walk, and signing off, but I want to follow this tomorrow morning, I need to learn these things about PSE.
Jane
R
Ray
Jan 27, 2004
I was creating a pool like effect (seen from above the ground). It’s actually nice!

I don’t know, perhaps my Elements preferences needs to be reset.. ? Well, I’ll see if other things begin to malfunction and apply this recipe.

Thanks everyone,

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 27, 2004
Ray, I honestly can’t see any effect from the application of this filter – any particular image types and/or pixel dimensions on which it performs best?

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 27, 2004
Ray, I got it to work on a 640×480 – now I see what it does! (Thanks, Barbara, for your earlier advice re using a smaller image)
R
Ray
Jan 27, 2004
Chuck,

I’ve applied it on noise. Here’s an extract from the help :

"Redraws a layer as blocks of solid color. You can use this filter to make a scanned image look hand
painted or to make a realistic image resemble an abstract painting."

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections