O
Posted By
odatdon
May 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s another ‘newbie’ or ‘latecomer’ to PS. Am using 5.5, which I’ve had for years and have only dabbled in it on occasion. Now, I not only have a use for it to remove junk from pictures I take, but also plan to use it to clean up old photos which I’ve scanned for genealogy.

From windows in my home, I’m able to take some great pictures of ocean activity. Problem is there are lots of wires and a couple of telephone poles which obstruct the view.

I’ve checked the PS manual and have been able to use the ‘Rubber Stamp’ to get rid of the garbage, but it is a rather cumbersome task.

Is there a better way to remove wires, etc., such as using a wider swath than just a fine line for covering the wires, etc?

Thanks for what ever help you can provide.

Odatdon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
Kingdom
May 24, 2006
:

Here’s another ‘newbie’ or ‘latecomer’ to PS. Am using 5.5, which I’ve had for years and have only dabbled in it on occasion. Now, I not only have a use for it to remove junk from pictures I take, but also plan to use it to clean up old photos which I’ve scanned for genealogy.
From windows in my home, I’m able to take some great pictures of ocean activity. Problem is there are lots of wires and a couple of telephone poles which obstruct the view.

I’ve checked the PS manual and have been able to use the ‘Rubber Stamp’ to get rid of the garbage, but it is a rather cumbersome task.
Is there a better way to remove wires, etc., such as using a wider swath than just a fine line for covering the wires, etc?
Thanks for what ever help you can provide.

Odatdon

Clone tool I’m afraid and patience, in more recent versions you also have the healing tool which helps blur some obvious colnes but in 5.5 I think blur is your only other option

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
O
odatdon
May 25, 2006
On Wed, 24 May 2006 08:52:36 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

:

Clone tool I’m afraid and patience, in more recent versions you also have the healing tool which helps blur some obvious clones but in 5.5 I think blur is your only other option

I’m not sure it’s the Clone Tool I’m using. It looks as if it is simply a very small ‘dot’; it takes an awfully bloody long time to hide a wire or house, etc.. It’s so small, it’s almost impossible to see.

Are you sure there isn’t something a little larger which might expedite the cloning to some degree?

Thanks.

Odatdon
W
Wheeler
May 25, 2006
wrote in message
On Wed, 24 May 2006 08:52:36 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

wrote in
news::

Clone tool I’m afraid and patience, in more recent versions you also have the healing tool which helps blur some obvious clones but in 5.5 I think blur is your only other option

I’m not sure it’s the Clone Tool I’m using. It looks as if it is simply a very small ‘dot’; it takes an awfully bloody long time to hide a wire or house, etc.. It’s so small, it’s almost impossible to see.

Are you sure there isn’t something a little larger which might expedite the cloning to some degree?

Thanks.

Odatdon

press the [ key to reduce brush size
press the ] key to increase brush size
O
odatdon
May 25, 2006
On Thu, 25 May 2006 00:18:19 GMT, "Wheeler" <pwheeler7 @ sbcglobal. net> wrote:

press the [ key to reduce brush size
press the ] key to increase brush size

Thanks!!

I just discovered today that it is possible to use a brush with different sizes. Altho, I had yet to discover those 2 keys.

Wow! I thought I was doomed to spending the rest of my life hiding whatever with a single, minute ‘dot’.

Thanks to all!!

Odatdon

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections