PA
Posted By
Peter A
Jun 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements 3 – I would like to overlay an arrow, or more ambitiously, numbered arrows plural on a photo (of an engine detail for example) to illustrate a technical point.

I presume I need a transparent layer containing the arrow on top, merge layers, that would be my route?
Or should I ‘cut’ an arrow shaped hole in the photo layer to reveal a white background perhaps?

Question is, how do I create the layer with the arrow in the first place? I know this is a dimbo newbie question, but I’m a dimbo newbie.

Any dimbo level suggestions or links much appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

W
wombatsky
Jun 3, 2006
this may be a useful starting point for fundamentals – work through a ccouple of examples and you will soon be flying
http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm
Cheers
WMB

"Peter A" wrote:
Elements 3 – I would like to overlay an arrow, or more ambitiously, numbered arrows plural on a photo (of an engine detail for example) to illustrate a technical point.

I presume I need a transparent layer containing the arrow on top, merge layers, that would be my route?
Or should I ‘cut’ an arrow shaped hole in the photo layer to reveal a white background perhaps?

Question is, how do I create the layer with the arrow in the first place? I know this is a dimbo newbie question, but I’m a dimbo newbie.
Any dimbo level suggestions or links much appreciated.
PA
Peter A
Jun 3, 2006
wrote:
this may be a useful starting point for fundamentals – work through a ccouple of examples and you will soon be flying

Good link, thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections