O
Posted By
One4All
May 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I scanned in some images, using PS Elements, but since then have scanned far more, using my Epson Scan software to assign images to folders I designated. Now, I need to send these files via CD’s to prospective clients. I assume these PS files, interspersed with the non-PS files, will be a hassle for clients viewing the CD’s.

I would like to know how I can change these PS files so that they read the same in the "Kind" column of the folder as the other files. I’m trying to be as generic and uniform as I can. In other words, most of my files open in Preview, while the PS files open in PS. Should I be concerned? If I should be, how can I change the file in the "Kind" column? PS Export is no help. I just want to make the file a non-PS file. Is it that once scanned to PS, it’s always PS?

I have a G5, 2.5G RAM, and PS CS (not CS2). My scanner is an Epson 4870. I scanned these files into Elements3 before obtaining PS CS, and before realizing that Epson Scan was the most efficient way for me to get the job done.

Any comment greatly appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

O
One4All
May 17, 2006
Accidentally found answer to my question. Highlighted the file, clicked "i" button, & in the info window, I selected Preview, instead of PS, in the "Open with" dropdown menu.
E
ericp06
Jun 20, 2006
In article ,
"One4All" wrote:

Accidentally found answer to my question. Highlighted the file, clicked "i" button, & in the info window, I selected Preview, instead of PS, in the "Open with" dropdown menu.

That will work for anyone who has Preview on their system and wishes to access the documents. You didn’t specify your OS, so I can speak only from an OS 9.x POV. In that case, you can also use a tool called ResEdit to change the file’s Type and Creator codes. I’ve come to learn that Snitch is another tool that allows one to do this.

Of course, you could always save the images as .gif or .jpg files, or even include those formats with the PS formats. I’ve seen CDs before that were collections of images saved as TIFF and JPEG for each image.

If the person viewing doesn’t have Preview, the system will ask what app to use to open the image, I think. Shouldn’t be a problem either way.

Best wishes,
Eric

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections