DK
Posted By
Doug_Katz
Jul 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to do this – to force all layers highlighted in the layers palette to align to one of them – other than by command-clicking to select the pixels on the "anchor" layer?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 23, 2006
Why not Select All and align to selection (if I get what you’re asking)?
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 23, 2006
Ed, that assumes I want to align everything to the document’s center.

Imagine you have a layer containing pixels off center that’s otherwise transparent (just for simplicity, an ellipse filled with color on an otherwise transparent layer). You want to align other layers to it. How would we do that other than command-clicking on the ellipse layer in the layers palette?

I’ve tried locking the ellipse layer, selecting it first, selecting it last, all to no avail.

(Not that command-clicking is in any way tedious, by the way… just that I thought I recalled an alternative.)
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jul 24, 2006
Is having more than one active layer something new to CS2? in CS1 link the layers you want to align set the active layer to the one you want to align to and Layer/Align Linked. No selections required or i’ve misunderstood something.
D
dhowe
Jul 24, 2006
Mark, CS2 introduced multiple layer selection in the Layers palette.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jul 25, 2006
sounds like an upgrade may be over due. thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections