CA
Posted By
Chris_Anastasi
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way of creating a type of "SMART Filter" that can be applied to a selection but which is based mathematically on the properties of that selection. (Example: What if gaussian blur could be applied to an image, but the amount of blur is determined by the black value of the channel that corresponds to the current selection…..i.e if I use a graduated quick mask I would like the blur to decrease or increase in radius according to the density of the quick mask. Because as it is happening now…should I apply a Gaussian blur to a soft selection the selection only determines the opacity of the full amount of blur specified. If there is a current method of doing this already please advise me. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 26, 2006
Chris, in CS2 (was it in CS already?), try lens blur, it is what you want.

If you’ve got older versions, you might want to create a selection, apply a small blur, grow the selection, apply blur, grow…
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 26, 2006
It is in CS
CA
Chris_Anastasi
Jul 26, 2006
Thanks Pierre, I’ve never had the time to experiment since CS or CS2 came out. Excellent.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections