JM
Posted By
John MacLean
Jul 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.

I have TIF files that were created on a PC with an Aztek drum scanner. I open them on a Mac, crop the film rebate and retouch. Then saving as a PSD.

I go to open them again on the same Mac and I get that message! What gives?

I’m on a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 – 7GB RAM – 70GB available HD – 10.4.7 – PS 9.0.1

Thanks,
John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 27, 2006
Normally that message means that the file is corrupt.

You need to look at that machine and figure out how the files are being corrupted (Norton, bad disk, bad cables, bad RAM, etc.).
JM
John MacLean
Jul 27, 2006
Thanks Chris,

It’s not consistent. I actually just got one to open after two bad save attempts.

Yesterday I had a "situation" where the G5 was rapidly toggling screens between Photoshop and the Finder. I had to do a power button hold down to kill it. I ran Disk Utility and Diskwarrior right after that. Does that narrow anything down as far as the bad things you mentioned?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 27, 2006
You still have a serious problem on your system.

And no, it doesn’t narrow it down.

Something is leading to corrupt files, and you need to figure out what it is….
JS
John_Slate
Jul 28, 2006
…crop the film rebate…

What does that mean?
JM
John MacLean
Jul 28, 2006
JS,

The black area of the film that surrounds the image area is AKA the rebate.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections