Posted By
Daniel_Bayer
Aug 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wow, I might be really hosed here.

I recall that when I used to make contact sheets in 7.0 or CS, I had never run into a problem of the assending file order being fragmented. So now, I have to make contact sheets of some 2800 images that are in folders according to the dates shot. In other words, There will be a folder dated to the shoot day with files names like"Event.7.3.6.01.jpg" and another few hundred images that go on up from there. This is a week’s worth of shooting, $22,000 job!

No matter how I do this, I get the frame numbers all mixed up on the contact sheets, totally USELESS!!!!! I have to have these done by noon tomorrow!!! WTF ADOBE??????

They will go like to number 14 and then skip all the other files and go to 140, what in the heck is up with that?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Aug 2, 2006
The contact sheet is messed up in that it orders images on the contact sheet in the order that they are opened. A group of hilighted files appears to open in a random order at times, hence the random order on the contact sheet. It would be much better if the contact sheet could be setup to order the images according to filename, or date saved, etc. The only workaround I know of is to open the images one at a time in the order you want them to appear on the sheet.
DB
Daniel_Bayer
Aug 2, 2006
WEll, it would seem that just like every other task I have in the digital world, Lightroom is a better choice. Faster raw conversion with Intel macs, simple design ( lacking a few features ).

So Adobe: If you honestly expect me to pay for a CS3 upgrade, you had better pull your heads out and make it REAL!
DB
Daniel_Bayer
Aug 4, 2006
Hey Adobe man, try not editing out the most important part of my post, then you will get what I meant:

"Adobe really needs to wake up to the needs of digital photographers if they hope to continue to sell upgrades of PHOTOSHOP."
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2006
First of all, I’m not an "Adobe man."

Read your own post and your quote thereof again, Daniel. You are implying Adobe "needs" to wake up to the needs of digital photographers while giving Adobe’s own product as a model. No amount of spin or shouting will take away the nonsense of your rant.
S
SuperMacGuy
Aug 4, 2006
Dan,
well this is past your deadline but I sell an app that makes contact sheets/ image catalogs using InDesign placing the images. It’ll order the files by file name, so if they are correct in the Finder then that is the order you get.
Sometimes other folks have better solutions than waiting for Adobe! 😉

<http://chris.paveglio.com>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections