Z
Posted By
zoozx27
Aug 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m seeing this pop up window when I try and save an image after I have been working on it? I have never seen this before. I can "Save As" ok but i just can’t save? It has happened with several different images the last few days.

PS 9.0.2

Never saw this in 9.0.1
OS X .4.7

Any Ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Z
zoozx27
Aug 21, 2006
Let me add Image size is in the 1 – 4 gig size.

Bug maybe with 9.0.2 & .pbs ?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 22, 2006
Could it be that you have insufficient Scratch and disk storage space for such large files?
Z
zoozx27
Aug 22, 2006
No, I have hundreds of gigs available.
D
dhowe
Aug 22, 2006
Were these files originally created in 9.0, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2? Also, could you describe what type of content you have in these files (# of layers, types of layers, etc.)? After hitting one of these errors, have you gone back to 9.0.1 to see if you get the same behavior there? And where do these files reside that you are opening and then trying to save?
Z
zoozx27
Aug 22, 2006
Created in 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 …Most in .1
Multiple layers 3 – 8 layers. Some adjustment layers with masks or duplicate image layers. No I have not gone back to 9.0.1
They reside on storage external firewire drives.
The only thing that has changed since the problem started is 9.0.2 was installed.
D
dhowe
Aug 22, 2006
Can you try going back to 9.0.1? That may be quicker than try to upload one of the files for us to take a look at. Just let me know either way. I’m assuming you have run all the standard diagnostics on the drives right?
Z
zoozx27
Aug 22, 2006
Just tell me how to go back to 9.0.1 without having to do a complete install and I will.?

Yes Diskwarrior & cocktail are used weekly
BB
by_Buko
Aug 22, 2006
Just tell me how to go back to 9.0.1 without having to do a complete install and I will.?

you can’t.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 22, 2006
Buko
Any chance of Opening up Photoshop beta like it used to be? It was so much better for the Pro users.

At very Least get more guys working with large files on a regular basis into it as there always seems to be issues with 1-4 gigs and the .psb formate.
Thanks.

I may re install 9.01 but am to busy to deal with it this week.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 22, 2006
I might add the same thing is happening on a second machine!
D
dhowe
Aug 22, 2006
Feel free to contact me at dhowe at adobe dot com so I can provide you info on how to get one of the files to us.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006
Went back to 9.0.1, above problems gone. What a hassle. I knew better esp in theses days of por beta testing with adobe, but I upgraded in a brain fart moment.

9.0.2 is NOT ready for release. See above post about beta testing! My images started showing very strange banding and redrawing in .2. Areas of white looked like a jigsaw puzzle. I don’t mind beta testing, but do it up front.
Not being able to save images should never get past a good beta testing of a professional tool, ever!
R
Ram
Aug 24, 2006

9.0.2 is NOT ready for release

9.0.2 is NOT available for downloading, either at the main downloads page or through the updater.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006
Good
It should have been pulled and hopefully beta tested properly this time.
R
Ram
Aug 24, 2006
It WAS pulled.
R
Ram
Aug 24, 2006
However, it’s working fine in Tiger for those who installed it before it was pulled.

It was pulled because it was found to trigger an Apple bug inside Panther, not inside Tiger.

Your solving your problem was probably due to having to reinstall Photoshop 9 from scratch. 9.0.2 was not causing the problem, it was just a coincidence.

Some people reported the same "cannot save" error and they have traced the problem to a DVD in the drive.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
I’m using 9.0.2 in 10.4.7

and I have no problems saving or opening files or doing anything else for that matter.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006
It looks like I’m having a problem now back in 9.01. Any way to post a picture here? I’m seeing a non uniform grid problem drawn over parts of my image and even in the boarder area of the window. It changes and seems to be affected by drawing tools.
This is very strange looking. Almost like a video card thing. It’s in an image that I was working on in 9.0.2 but it does not look like it is actually in the image. Since its drawing in the boarder area also? Very strange.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
Does this happen in a new user?

if not your main user is most likely corrupt.

About the post you deleted and your other comments about how Adobe released 9.0.2 prematurely.

Yes it was premature for 10.3.9. but it does work great in 10.4.7 so my conclusions is that you have System issues or possibly hard ware issues.
Z
zoozx27
Aug 24, 2006
Not a system issue or user corruption on 2 different machines Buko. It was the Same on both.
It’s not working great in 10.4.7 for everyone.
Push it like i suggested and see.
The graphic issue is ONLY WITH the images saved in 9.0.2, That says a lot. Considering the time I have wasted getting things back to normal it was most defiantly premature in my instance.
I knew better, just a bad decision to jump on it.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 24, 2006
I would still test it in a new user.
D
dhowe
Aug 24, 2006
zoozx27, there have not been any reports of people having problems with 9.0.2 on 10.4.x AFAIK, outside of your report. Let us know if there are though. And my offer still stands if you want to help us understand what problem you are having by getting us one of the files.
Z
zoozx27
Sep 8, 2006
It’s not a driver or video problem.

This problem was caused by some sort of corruption from 9.0.2.

Only images that were worked on in 9.0.2 and saved show this problem when we now work on them in .1 Even though they have been opened and saved numerous times they still show the problem redrawing. The actual image when printed is fine. Problems are onscreen only.
No other application or images Not worked on in 9.0.2 shows this problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections