SB
Posted By
Steve_Bryson
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK guys, what am I doing wrong here? I used Adobe Gamma with the Adobe RGB (1988) profile to adjust my monitor, and saved under a custom icc name. I’ve set Color Settings to optimized for print. I saved my image with the Adobe RGB (1998) profile. In print preview, I selected Color Management, the Document Source Profile is automatically Adobe RGB (1998), I set the Print Space profile to Epson Stylus Photo 1280, intent to Perceptual, and checked "use black point compensation." In Epson properties, I set media type to Premium Glossy Photo Paper, ink to Color, Custom setting Advanced, print quality is Photo 2880 dpi, No Color Adjustment. I printed on Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper.

I thought I did everything right, but the print came out way too dark and too green. What gives?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
Feb 7, 2004
Steve,
When you have time, look at Ian Lyons’ fine site, and the printing with Photoshop 7 tutorial, < http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac_2.h tm> .

The print space profile that you used should only be used when "ICM" mode is checked in the Epson Advanced driver . It is Epson’s generic 1280 profile, and simply defines the printer’s colorspace properties.

The "no color adjustment" setting is only appropriate when used with a media specific profile ( in this case, for Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper ). There is a link on Ian’s site, in this tutorial , I believe, to download the Epson Media Profiles for your printer. When you download them and use them, I think you’ll find that 1440 dpi printing is just fine, considering the time it takes for 2880 dpi. I know the profiles are also available from the Epson site, but you should read Ian’s tutorial anyway.

🙂

Brent
SB
Steve_Bryson
Feb 7, 2004
thanks, Brent. I’ll try your advice.

Steve 😎

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections