Doument window area / going behind palettes.

BA
Posted By
Bryan_A_Moloney
Sep 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all.

I have had a look round for this topic but can’t find it so far. What I would like to do is specify the area on my screen that the document window will use. Effectively I want to stop the doc window from going behind my palettes and having to manually drag it back for when I’m doing close-up detailed work and want to do a refresh at a time. I have seen it work on other machines in the office with smaller screens but I don’t know how to set it. It seems to be related to the Workspace settings. I hope this makes sense and apologies if it’s an easy one staring me in the face.

Thanks for any help.

CS2, G5 twin 2.5, 4Gigs ram, OS 10.4.6,
30 inch cinema display set at 2560 x 1600

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
john_findley
Sep 8, 2006
Preferences>General>Save Palette Locations

and

Window>Workspace>Save Workspace
BA
Bryan_A_Moloney
Sep 8, 2006
Thanks John but they only seem to deal with the menues and palettes, not the doc window as far as I can see. If I’m wrong you may have to explain it.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Bryan.
B
Buko
Sep 8, 2006
Don’t put your pallets on the main monitor screen.
BA
Bryan_A_Moloney
Sep 8, 2006
Only using 1 monitor Buko. It’s a 30 inch cinema display.

Thanks.

Bryan.
B
Buko
Sep 8, 2006
the image window is always behind the pallets.

just keep the pallets off to the side or get a second pallet monitor for about $200.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 8, 2006
Or you could just hit Tab to hide the palettes whenever they get in your way?
BA
Bryan_A_Moloney
Sep 11, 2006
Thanks for all the replys guys. Much appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections