BR
Posted By
Bob_Regner
Sep 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I placed a cymk plus 2 spot-color channels photoshop file into an inDesign page. (In PS. I’m using "North America Prepress 2" as my color settings.)
When printed on the imagesetter, a screen tint was introduced into the 2 spot colors, even though they were solid in the PS file.
The inDesign file also had these same two colors as solids and when printed on the imagesetter, they printed solid — no tint.
Something is happening to the photoshop file but I don’t know what it is. Can you help?
Thanks in advance!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 12, 2006
What are the colour settings in InDesign?
BR
Bob_Regner
Sep 12, 2006
The color setting was something other than "North America Prepress 2," so I changed it to this and sent it to the imagesetter. The result was the same.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 12, 2006
Try Exporting to AdobePDF from InDesign using Press Quality and Leaving Colors Unchanged and see how the RIP (or is it perhaps the guy who is operating the Image Setter?!) handles that.
BR
Bob_Regner
Sep 13, 2006
I tried Ann’s suggestion (thanks for that Ann), but it also did not work. However, in Photoshop, in the old days, when using a dcs file for similar items, you would get a screen tint if the grayscale reading of the color is less than 100%.
Anyway, using curves and placing the eyedropper tool on top of the solid color when that channel is active, generates a grayscale reading in the info palette. Then using curves I increased the grayscale to 100%. And presto, I now have solid colors throughout the job.
Thanks for your help!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 13, 2006
I thought that you said that your SPOT colors WERE definitely "solid"?!

If they were less than 100% in each spot color channel, they were NOT "solid" and would of course be "screened".

As you have now discovered … .
BR
Bob_Regner
Sep 13, 2006
Ann,
Wow! That was on my part, a very poor assumption; the assumption being that when you created a spot-color channel, that it was 100% solid. I’ll have to get drunk tonight to alleviate my self-irritation.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections